Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Passion Works Studio

Today I decided to head uptown and stop in Passion Works Studio, which is located just off Court St. at 20 East State St. Passion Works is an art studio that supports collaboration between artists with and without developmental disabilities and is also home to the Passion Flower, the official flower of Athens, OH. I have known about Passion Works for awhile now and have seen the flowers around campus but I have never actually visited the studio. When I went there today I was shocked how many different things are for sale, not only can you buy Passion Flowers but you can buy greeting cards, jewelry, ornaments, paintings, and many more works of art. Everything is so unique and bright, you can't help but be in a better mood once you walk in the shop. My favorites were the rusted Passion Flowers and the greeting cards. I definitely plan on buying a Passion Flower at some point so I can take a little piece of Athens with me after I graduate.

Hours:
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 11am-5pm









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...