Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bong Hill

So my first adventure was not one of our top ten places to visit in Athens but it is definitely a place all students should check out before they leave this beautiful town! Last Sunday was gorgeous so my roommates and I wanted to get outside and go hike "Bong Hill". To get there you just head east on Stimson Ave  towards the highway and turn right on Co Rd 25 (there will be a red barn-type building where you turn) then turn left on Long Run Rd, go down a little ways and you will see parking on the side of the road. If it is a nice day like it was on Sunday you will probably spot some cars so you know you are there. The hill is on the left side of the road and you will see a little "path" to hike up. The hike itself is pretty short, only about ten or so minutes and it's not too difficult. Although, there are some points where you have to climb up a few rocks (I was definitely starting to feel the burn). Once you get to the top, you are rewarded with a beautiful view of Athens and OU's campus. We even brought binoculars and were able to find our apartment! After hanging out for about an hour and watching the sun set we decided to hike back down. It was a little difficult trying to climb down the rocks but it was pretty funny watching all of my roommates try not to fall. Beautiful weather and going to Bong Hill made my Sunday a lot better than most. I hope you enjoy the pictures I took while I was at the top, and next time there is a nice day, get outside and go see what Bong Hill is all about!











I know my directions are not the best. I will try to find it on a map and post it.

3 comments:

  1. Smoke weed everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay yay yay yay

    http://www.academycam.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. If its raining at 4 am and your feeling like living life on the edge, hike up bong hill and blaze ur damn night away cuz you my friend just put urself thru hell and deserve to be the highest you've ever frickin been because you survived what may be the most treacherous/fucked up thing known to tokers. (based on a tru story) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...