Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Kennedy Museum of Art

The Kennedy Museum of Art is the perfect place to visit on a rainy day like today! The Museum  is located at The Ridges in Lin Hall, the building itself is really cool because it has all of the original molding and marble floors. Currently, there are two exhibitions in the Museum. Upstairs there is Recent Acquisitions 2009-2011, which is filled with art purchased or donated over the last three years. On the main floor, there is the 2012 Ohio University School of Art Faculty Exhibition. My favorite was the Faculty Exhibition; the mediums used range from painting, sculpture, ceramics, prints, and photography to graphic design, drawing, and new media. So, no matter what you are interested in there is something for everyone to check out. My favorite piece was Mail Art: Passing Through My Hands, by Sherry Blankenship. It was a mixed media piece composed of pastels, pen, paper, photographs, postage franks, handwriting, and postal marks. I thought it was really cool because she used envelopes she has received from people and turned them into art. While I was there I also stopped into The Ridges Cafe, which is connected to the museum, for a bagel and a nice warm cup of coffee before I had to go back out in the cold rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...